Poseidon Taxonomic Services, LLC
1942 Ivy Hall Rd.
Charleston, SC 29407
M.S., 1980, College of Charleston
Research emphasis and interests: Taxonomy and ecology of benthic and planktonic invertebrates from coastal and continental shelf habitats in the southeastern US; invasive and non-indigenous species
Current and planned research projects:
- private consultancy for taxonomic verification and identification of estuarine and coastal benthic macroinvertebrates and plankton
- retired after 33 years with the Marine Resources Research Institute, Marine Resources Division, South Carolina Department of Natural Resources
- DeVictor, S.T., Knott, D.M. and Crowe, S.E. 2010. South Carolina Beachcomber’s Guide: a guide to the common invertebrates, plants and natural artifacts of the South Carolina seashore. South Carolina Department of Natural Resources. 91 pp.
- Heard, R.W., King, R.A., Knott, D.M., Thoma, B.P. and Thornton-DeVictor, S. 2007. A guide to the Thalassinidea (Crustacea: Malacostraca: Decapoda) of the South Atlantic Bight. NOAA Professional Paper, NMFS 8. 30pp.
- Negreiros-Fransozo, M.L., Wenner, E.L., Knott, D.M. and Fransozo, A. 2007. The megalopa and early juvenile stages of Calappa tortugae Rathbun, 1933 (Crustacea: Brachyura) reared in the laboratory from South Carolina neuston samples. Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington 120(4): 469-485.
- Harrison, J.R. and Knott, D.M. 2007. Occurrence of Microtralia ovula and Creedonia succinea (Gastropoda:Pulmonata: Ellobiidae) in South Carolina. Southeastern Naturalist 6(1): 173-178.
- Heard, R.W., Price, W.W., Knott, D.M., King, R.A. and Allen, D.M. 2006. A taxonomic guide to the mysids of the South Atlantic Bight. NOAA Professional Paper NMFS 4. 37 pp.