- A completed application form with a nonrefundable application fee ($45 for on-line application, $75 for paper application). Deadlines: February 1 for fall admission, November 1 for spring admission.
- A personal statement/statement of goals.
- One official transcript from each institution of higher learning attended.
- An official copy of scores from the general test of the Graduate Record Examination.
- OPTIONAL: An official copy of scores from the subject (biology) test of the Graduate Record Examination.
- Three letters of recommendation from persons closely associated with previous work related to the discipline.
- Evidence of
background in the sciences:
- A bachelors degree.
- Twenty semester hours of upper division biological courses, including a course in cellular or molecular biology (or the equivalent) and a course in ecology (or the equivalent).
- Chemistry - two courses in organic or one course in analytical (beyond first year chemistry).
- General Physics - two courses.
- Calculus - one course.
- A résumé.
- Evidence of a command of spoken and written English (TOEFL score).
International students can download an International Applicant Info Packet here.