South Carolina Department of Natural Resources
Marine Resources Research Institute
Inshore Fisheries Research Section
PO Box 12559
Charleston, SC 29422
M.S., 1982, Old Dominion University
Research emphasis: Biology of fishes; histologically verified fish reproductive ecology; fish behavioral ecology
Current research projects:
- life history investigations of estuarine fishes
- red drum fisheries dynamics
- autochthonous fish sounds as related to fishery dynamics
- McDonough, C. J., W.A. Roumillat and C. A. Wenner. 2005. Sexual differentiation and gonad development in striped mullet (Mugil cephalus L.) from South Carolina estuaries. Fish. Bull. 103(4):601-619.
- Roumillat, W.A. and Myra C. Brouwer. 2004. Reproductive dynamics of female spotted seatrout (Cynoscion nebulosus) in South Carolina. Fish. Bull. 102:473-487.
- Wenner, C.A., William A. Roumillat and C. W. Waltz. 1986. Contributions to the life history of black sea bass, Centropristis striata, off the Southeastern United States. Fish. Bull. 84(3): 723-741.