National Ocean Service
National Centers for Coastal Ocean Science
Ctr. for Coastal Environ. Health & Biomolecular Research
219 Fort Johnson Rd.
Charleston, SC 29412
Ph.D., 1974, Medical University of South Carolina
M.S., 1968, SUNY
Current research projects:
- native fluorescent proteins as natural reporters of coral health
- molecular indicators of coral disease in relationship to environmental and anthropogenic stressors utilizing a genomic/proteomic approach
- coral antimicrobial activities
- Shapo JL, Moeller PD, Galloway SB (Submitted). Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology. Antimicrobial activity in the common seawhip, Leptogorgia virgulata (Lamarck)
- Galloway SB, Work TM, Bochsler VS, Harley RA, Kramarsky-Winters E, McLaughlin SM, Meteyer CU, Morado JF, Nicholson JH, Parnell PG, Peters EC, Reynolds TL, Rotstein DS, Sileo L, and Woodley CM (In Press). CDHC Workshop: Coral Histopathology II. NOAA Technical Memorandum NOS NCCOS. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Silver Spring, MD. 83pp.
- Woodley CM, Bruckner AW, Galloway SB, McLaughlin SM, Downs CA, Fauth JE, Shotts EB, Lidie KL (2003). Coral Disease and Health: A National Research Plan. Silver Spring, MD., National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, 72pp.